Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Once a Procrastinator...

About an hour ago I was reminded why it's not a good idea to procrastinate on important things...and then why it's even worse to be late.

Wait, let me back up.

So about a month ago I found out that I was going to be going on a short term mission trip to Brazil with Watermark. I could not be more excited! I can't wait to get out of the concrete jungle of Dallas and head to the Amazon Jungle to share the love of Christ with the people there. I'm still not fully sure what we're going to be doing while we're there, so details will have to come later. I'm sure my friends who have already been could share more details than I know right now...but that's not the point. At our first meeting we were asked to do two things. One was to start support raising, and the other was to fill out an online application by three days ago. Oops. I started support raising...I just forgot about the application.

Now come back to today, New Years Eve. About an hour ago I got a phone call from one of the people leading the trip asking me if I could do my application asap...you know, end of the tax year for donors and such. Sure! Of course I can do that, since it was supposed to be done 3 days ago. And really, how long can it take? Oh no. It can take a long time when you're missing important information...like your passport...your blood type...what else did I forget? I have to tell you that I haven't seen my passport in three years since I moved to Dallas from College Station. Not to mention that I've also moved since then. After frantic searching and turning my house upside down, I finally found my passport hidden in my Tahoe. Why was it there you might ask? Clearly I might need to skip the country at a moments notice. Of course my options are limited to Canada and Mexico since my planned method of escape was apparently my car.

*Note to self: Important government documents should not be kept in places like your car...you might lose them!

Don't worry, the application has been submitted and I am still allowed on the trip as far as I know. It's just missing small details like my testimony and my blood type. Oh well. I can do that before we leave.

No comments: