Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Some Perspective...

Over the past five days I've been a bit surprised by how affected I've been by Displace Me this past weekend. I can't get the stories of the children in Uganda out of my mind...and I don't really want to. In spite of everything I saw in the videos, the one thing that seems to ring true for each of those kids is the joy that they have in spite of everything they're going through. I can't even begin to imagine what life is like in Uganda, but I'm confident I wouldn't make it a week there. Not to mention that I would probably spend every night in tears.

I'm sure the videos I keep posting are getting a little old, but I'm starting to see how important it is for people to be aware of the world around us...not just sweet home United States of America. This is a trailer for one of the stories we watched. It's about a boy named Sunday. I'm pretty sure I cried during the entire video...well, all of the videos actually. I just can't fathom what these kids go through. If I could, I think I would pack up tomorrow and move to Africa to just love on these kids. Maybe one day the Lord will send me there, but for now my part is to help share their stories...and I'm glad to do it.

No comments: