Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Amazing Love

This morning I was reminded of the depth of the love that Christ has for us through a simple picture. One of the guys that I work with, Kyle, and his wife Julie just got back from San Francisco after picking up the little girl they adopted from Korea. One of the pictures is of Kyle and Julie standing at the terminal waiting for little Blake to be brought off the plane. The look on their faces is priceless and the love you can see just from the picture is indescribable. I’ve never actually had a picture bring tears to my eyes, but this one did it and I think it’s because it’s just a small glimpse of the love that Christ has for me. Whenever Kyle and Julie first got a picture of their baby, he was trying to describe what it feels like to instantly love someone you’ve never even met. All I could think of was that it was the perfect picture of unconditional love. The baby hadn’t done anything to earn their love. There were no strings attached and from the moment they saw her sweet face, they were in love. Holy cow! What a great picture of Christ’s love for me! He loved me from the moment I was formed in my mother’s womb. He knows everything about me…what brings me joy…what makes me cry…everything. No matter how much I screw up, I know that I’m still loved and cherished.

To see the pictures, go to www.tiffanyfongphotography.com and click on the link to her blog. The name of the post is "Oh Happy Day."

3 comments:

Sarah said...

So amazing that God loves us that way...without merit. love the pictures!

Shawn Michelle said...

Thanks for sharing the story and the pictures. Such a nice reminder of how God loves us!

JacqRedwine said...

wow!!! Thank you for the reminder of God's love. It seems that I've been screwing up a lot lately (and will probably continue to do so). This was a nice reminder that no matter what, I'm loved by God. I needed that.

(BTW, I found your blog by following your brother's profile on okcupid to his myspace profile, which lead me here.)