Wednesday, October 29, 2008

HomeEconomics 101

I've decided that there's a gene that some have and some don't. I think I'm going to call this gene the Martha Stewart gene. Some are gifted in the decorating department. Some can sew with ease and create anything (aka Sarah Welch). And then others can walk into their pantry, pull random things together, and then create what I would call a feast. I have none of the above gifts. I can decorate well enough to make a room look decent. I tried sewing a pillow in my home ec. class in high school, but one side came out crooked. Very crooked actually and my teacher gave me a B- on that project. And then I can cook if I'm given a very simple recipe, but I will wreak havoc on my kitchen.

Tonight I decided to make "puppy chow" for my girls for Pine Cove this weekend. In my mind puppy chow is the epitome of all that is Pine Cove and the ultimate camp food. Therefore my 7th grade girls have to experience this in all of its glory. Now, I'm going to stick with the saying that a picture is worth a thousand words and let you see what was supposed to take 15 minutes to create (try 45 minutes with the help of Kristie).













Shake your money maker!








The Havoc.





Ah, success!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh my stars, friend!!! All that for puppy chow?!?!