Saturday, October 25, 2008

What Could Be Better?

I have a small confession to make. Now don't judge me. Remember that you still love me.

So last night Kristie and I decided to brave North Park and go see High School Musical 3. That's right, I went to see HSM3 in all its glory on its first day in theaters. I have to tell you that it turned out to be quite the eventful evening. First of all, I'm pretty confident that Kristie and I could entertain ourselves for days just by people watching and having what some would call ridiculous conversations. (With that I pose the question, what's the past tense of "man up?" Is it man'd up or man up'd?) Anyways, back to the story at hand. Being in a theater of mainly all teenage girls counting down the minutes until they see Zac Efron is probably never a good idea. That's just too many raging hormones in once place. Now let's fast forward to the beginning of the movie. The super cheesy moments were definitely enhanced and made OH SO GOOD by the girls sitting in front of us who would freak out every time good ole' Zac took off his shirt for no apparent reason, and then also with the five guys sitting behind us making similar comments just dripping with sarcasm. I think mine and Kristie's personal favorite was when one of the guys sarcastically referred to one of girls in a not so G-rated version of what I call my Tahoe...but I digress. So fun!

Now let's move forward to my next story. Other than seeing George and Barbara Bush at A&M, I've never really had a celebrity siting. Or at least not one that I can think of. Well, this still remains true but I did have a semi-celebrity siting this afternoon at the mall. So I was standing in Anthropologie looking at this really cute shirt and looked up at this guy standing across from me. I of course did a double take, but only because I couldn't stop wondering why someone would want to put their hair in dreads. With the double take I realized that he looked very familiar but I just couldn't place him. My first thought was that maybe he went to Watermark...but let's be honest, no one at Watermark has dreads. Then I went back to A&M. Did he go to A&M with me? With that it hit me...he did go to A&M but he was also on American Idol last season. That's right. I essentially just shopped with Jason Castro. It was funny walking back to the dressing room and hearing girls freaking out over the fact that he was in the store. I think I actually laughed out loud. Okay well now you know why I said semi-celebrity...but there you have it...my eventful weekend thus far! Tomorrow however does bring costume creating with several of the other junior high leaders for Pine Cove. Now that's bound to be tons of fun!

2 comments:

Megan McCurry said...

Wow...ok...this is so not fair. I am a huge Jason Castro fan (you can see from my blog), and I was at Northpark too on Saturday but never saw him! Then...I saw another girls blog that said she met him at Buffalo Exchange, and I was there twice on Saturday. Wow! I'm jealous.

Anyway, do I know you...I go to Watermark and went to A&M??

Jen Lewis said...

Making our costumes was fun, wasn't it. I can't wait for this weekend!!! :)