Sunday, November 23, 2008

Time to Getaway!

This weekend was probably one of the most relaxing weekends I've had in a long time! It was so good. Every year the girl leaders in student ministries take a weekend to go to the lake and just spend time together building community and spending time with the Lord. This year we went to Lake Cypress Springs and stayed in Davis Family's lakehouse. So nice!

Friday night we spent some time evaluating and being honest about what our relationship with the Lord looks like right now. I love that we have that time each year to hear each other's hearts and to know what everyone is going through. Saturday morning was a continuation of that time, but it was time to get alone with the Lord around the lake and the house. All I can say is that it was probably one of the sweetest times I've had with the Lord in a long time. Melissa Miller had given us several things to read through during that time and to just reflect on. The two things that had the biggest impact on me this weekend were reading through the PAPA prayer and then a long list of God's promises to me. I think this was probably one of the first times I was real and authentic before the Lord in so many different ways...too many to list. I do however think that you can get a good idea of what the Lord taught me during this time by this paragraph.

"God never meant for our security or value to be defined horizontally (by achievement, appearance, relationships, a man's love, success/performance, being well thought of by others, wealth/financial security, etc.) but vertically by Him and our identity in Christ. These horizontal sources of our worth and value are shaky and unstable, and can lead to insecurity when we trust in them rather than in Christ's love."
After our morning with the Lord, we just spent time hanging out getting to know everyone better. It was so good! We played so many random games...it was great. And then of course we watched the Tech/OU game. I would've preferred it if it were the Aggies who were playing...but no such luck for me. It was still fun though. Anyways, that was my weekend. So much fun! I just love the girls I serve with at Watermark. They're all wonderful!

No comments: