Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Blades of Glory

As usual I was running late for work this morning, and while I was getting ready I had Good Morning America on tv. This morning they were doing something in Central Park, but when I walked in my room they were teaching Diane Sawyer how to ice skate. I have to tell you that one of the things I've always wanted to do is go ice skating in Central Park...but then I remembered WAIT, I can't ice skate! How is it that I made it through my entire childhood without learning how to ice skate? My parents took my brother and I to Dallas all the time...mainly to go shopping at the Galleria. Hello! Prime location to learn how to skate! Even my senior year at A&M my discipleship group decided to go ice skating at the rink where the hockey team would practice. That was my first time to go and my skills were less than desirable of course. One of my friends who played hockey ended up pulling me around the rink the entire time. I may have cried a little bit because we were going so fast. Anyway, I've decided to make that my goal for this Christmas season...to learn how to skate! Now I just need volunteers to come with me!

3 comments:

LMurray said...

I saw this this morning as well and laughed so hard that Diane Sawyer couldn't skate to save her life!! :) I will gladly go ice skating with you anytime you would like - it is one of my favs!

Jen Lewis said...

am there!

Kristie said...

I can't wait to watch you attempt to ice skate, especially since you just told me you can't roller blade. I'm bringing the camera!