Monday, December 8, 2008

Good Golly, Let's Get Jolly!

Yes, it's true. I took the title from the Pier One commercials. I have to tell you that every time I see it I can't help but laugh out loud. I love it!

As you can probably tell from the picture, Christmas has arrived at what my roommate and I lovingly call our little corner of the institution. Oh yes it's true, Christmas is here on Vistadale! Actually, by looking at the picture you probably can't tell that Christmas has arrived, but I promise that there are cute little wreaths on the windows. I would say that's very Pottery Barn of me. If you drive down the street you'll see that all of my neighbors are starting to follow my lead. Of course they've probably all been doing this for years, but since mine were out first I like to say it was my idea.

I've decided that it's not officially Christmas until three things happen. First, you have to start off the season by watching an American Christmas classic, "Elf." Secondly, the Point of Grace Christmas cd has to be playing in my car at all times. And then last, but certainly not least, the house has to be decked out for Christmas. From the outside I think you would be fooled by how much Kristie and I have decorated this year. When you walk inside we only have two nativity scenes out...which our moms sent home with us and we've decided makes us look really holy...and then a poinsettia that my mom bought while she was in town this weekend and told me to keep alive until my work Christmas party on Wednesday. All that to say, it's Christmas and I love it! I must be honest though...the only point to this particular blog posting is to show you how cute my house looks with little wreaths on the windows. So feel free to drive by and admire.

No comments: