Monday, December 8, 2008

Blinking Orange Lights

Confession. I'm probably not the best in the world at keeping up with when my tahoe needs some type of maintenance done. In college I always depended on my dad to tell when to get my oil changed or to have my tires rotated or whatever else you do with a car to keep it running and in good shape. Well, guess what I discovered today! Under the notecard on my dashboard (I emphasize UNDER so you don't judge me) there's a little box that lights up whenever the gas gets too low and, well currently when I'm out of washer fluid. Normally whenever it lights up with one of those things it usually goes away after I start driving. The past few days the light has stayed on quite a bit longer and today on my way to Hurst I decided to move my notecard. Apparently it also lights up with "Check Engine." Now is that something I should be concerned with or does it just mean that it's time to change my oil? And if it is a big deal, how long can I go with the light flashing without my tahoe exploding or dying on 635? Just curious. I think I'm going to have to agree with one of my old roommates in saying that it's time to get married so my husband can take care of my car for me.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I think you need to take the Hoe in for a checkup!!!

Laura said...

Sarah Welch! I worked hard not to call my tahoe the hoe in this blog, and now look at you!