Monday, December 15, 2008

Signature of Divine

I believe I have found one of my new favorite songs. New favorite cd might be more accurate. This weekend I downloaded the NeedtoBreathe cd and I'm pretty sure CR would say that I'm addicted to it. I just can't turn it off! There's one song in particular that I love, and I think it's because of something my community group has been doing for the past 30 days. A few weeks ago we decided to start praying through 30 names/characteristics of God. I'm sure by the title of this blog you already figured out the title of the song, but another name for it is "Yahweh." Here are the lyrics, but you should definitely have a listen.

Cathedrals have tried in vainTo show the image of your face.But we are, by your design,The signature of divine.We'll always sing your name.Forever and today.Yahweh, Yahweh...Great is your glory when you go before meOh, we sing...Holy, Holy...Your ways are lovely. So high above me.YahwehThe fortunes of kings and queensAre wasted chasing what we've seen.Cause we are, by your reprieve,The beauty framed by your suffering.We'll always sing your name.Forever and today.Yahweh, Yahweh...Great is your glory when you go before meOh, we sing...Holy, Holy...Your ways are lovely. So high above me.YahwehTake me, and pull me through.Cause I can't move without you.I won't leave you alone, you say.It will be okay.Yahweh, Yahweh...Great is your glory when you go before meOh, we sing...Holy, Holy...Your ways are lovely. So high above me.Yahweh.Yahweh, Yahweh...Great is your glory when you go before meOh, we sing...Holy, Holy...Your ways are lovely. So high above me.YahwehAncient of Days...Yahweh!


No comments: