Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Birds and The Bees

Wait, no bees. Just birds. And the glorious little feathery friends are in my chimney driving Kristie and I crazy. Not to mention that I have a little bit of a fear of birds as well. In the past month that they have been nesting in my chimney, starting as one quiet little bird and then multiplying, we have been coming up with solutions to our birdie issue.

1. Light a fire and smoke the little suckers out. We decided that's not a good idea since the birds could either fly into our house or the house could get nice and smokey from the fire.

2. We could climb up onto the roof and throw those little popper things down the chimney that we all used to play with as kids. The bad thing about that idea is that Kristie and I would be the ones to fall off the roof and the birds would still be around.

3. Our final option...which we have taken a liking to...is to let Kristie's dog climb in the fireplace and bark. Nothing happens and the birds actually get louder, but it's still funny stuff.

So where does that leave us? Needing a BB gun to shoot the birds I guess. Or I could just call a chimney sweep. Do they even have those in Dallas?

No comments: