Sunday, January 11, 2009

Fish Slapped

Do you remember when you were in your junior high youth group? Do you remember the ridiculous skits your youth director and interns would do? When I was in either junior high or high school, I remember my youth director, Taz, doing what I thought was at the time the grossest skit ever. Basically it concluded with him swallowing a couple of live goldfish. Umm yuck! At the time, it felt like Taz would take some of the skits to the extreme, but we of course loved them all. Doing college ministry we never really did anything like that. I guess in college we become too old for that kind of thing....or we like to pretend like we are. Today I decided that Watermark takes the junior high skits to a whole new level. Over the past year and a half I've seen some pretty ridiculous skits. We've had appearances by Ross Boggs (the photographer who takes pictures when you don't know it)...we've had students eat Thanksgiving meals and then spit the chewed up food through a tube...we've had students end up kissing each other through glass...oh and then a personal favorite is seeing David and Bode dress up like girls in pajama pants and camis to announce Winter Chill (disturbing on some many levels). BUT TODAY, we entered a new world of disgusting. Today students threw dead fish across the room using only their mouths. Yes, that's right. Dead fish. My poor roommate fell victim to a trout falling into her lap and I had one bounce over my head. So gross, but anything for our dear junior high kids.

3 comments:

cotton said...

Aren't the same girl that would moan when mom put COOKED fish in front of you? My how you've grown.

Sarah said...

PRAISE GOD they did not do this skit while my girls were still in j.crew. I would have run out of the room screaming. I left a note to Kristi that I'm terrified of fish (I know weird) and probably would have had a heart attack. Seriously. Ugh, I have the heeby jeebies now! Hope the fish smell is off of you both!

Kristie said...

My girls were sweet enough to bring up Sunday's incident again tonight. Lovely. :)