Sunday, January 25, 2009

You Want Eyebrow?

Today after church Sarah Welch and I decided to go get manicures and pedicures. Being that Sarah's finally done with her CPA exams, she definitely deserves the reward of a pedicure. And well, I felt like I deserved a manicure just because. We decided to go to this place in Lake Highlands next to LA Fitness. It's actually run by all Asian people...which most nail establishments normally are. In honor of our hour of beauty I've decided compile a list of the awkward moments that happened in that time frame.

1. I arrived about 3 minutes before Sarah and asked if I could get a manicure in one of the chairs so that I could sit next to Sarah and talk. Little Asian lady says "No, sit!" Yes ma'am.

2. Little Asian lady goes to town on my cuticles never saying a word to me. The only time she looks up is to talk to one of her friends in another language. I swear she had to be talking about me and how horrible my nails looked.

3. My manicurist starts singing Mariah Carey and "I Swear" by All 4 One to me. Enough said.

4. After my manicurist dips my hands in hot paraffin wax she proceeds to start rubbing my shoulders...nothing awkward there. Oh wait! Then she puts her hands down my shirt and continues to rub...ugh! Is that considered assault or something?

5. Whenever the little Asian lady finally does look up at me, she just says "you want eyebrow?" I think my eyebrows look just fine, but from the look on her face I'm starting to question them.

Well, those will be the top five awkward moments. The worst part is that I couldn't share in these awkward moments with Sarah because she was clear across the room from me. Sad day.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That's hysterical! I'm always convinced they're talking about me when I get pedicures. :)

Kristie said...

Oh dear.